1. “India for the Indiana” was the political message of
(a) D E Wacha
2. Which of the following was the ‘Newspaper’ of Annie Besant?
(a) The Hindu
(b) Indian Express
(c) The Times of India
(d) New India
3. Aligarh Muslim University was founded by
(b) Syed Ahmed Khan
(c) Abul Kalam Azad
4. Match the following:
A. Swaraj is my birth right 1. Moderates
B. It is not reforms but re-form 2. LajpatRai
C. A subject people has no soul 3. BC Pal
D. Policy of petitions, prayers and protests 4. Tilak
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
A B C D
(a) 1 2 3 4
(b) 4 3 2 1
(c) 3 4 2 1
(d) 2 1 3 4
5. Who said that the constant ‘drain of wealth’ from India was responsible for Indla’s economic miseries?
(a) BC Pal
(b) BP Wadia
(c) Dadabhai Naoroji
(d) GS Arundale
6. As per the Act of 1919 which of the following statements was not correct?
(a) British India must remain an integral part of the British Empire.
(b) Responsible Government would be realised only by the progressive stages.
(c) Provincial subjects were classified into Reserved subjects and Transferred subjects.
(d) The salary of the Secretary of State for India was not to be paid by Parliament.
7. As per the Act of 1919 which of the following was not a Transferred subject?
(c) Medical Relief
(d) Land Revenue
8. The Dyarchy which was introduced on 1921 In province a was in force till the year
9. The Home Rule League was formed during the
(a) First World War
(b) Partition of Bengal
(c) Struggle following the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
(d) Implementation of Minto-Morley Reforms
10. The Secretary of State for India was given powers by
(a) The Act of 1909
(b) The Act of 1919
(c) The Act of 1858
(d) The Act of 1861