1. The First Battle of Panipat (1526) was fought between
(a) Babar and Daulat Khan
(b) Babar and Ibrahim Lodi
(c) Babar and Alam Khan
(d) Babar and Rana Sanga
2. Akbar founded the Din-i-Ilahi primarily to
(a) Establish a national religion which would be acceptable to the Muslims and the Hindus
(b) Ensure racial and communal harmony
(c) Found a religious institution
(d) Put an end to differences between Hindus and Muslims
3. Match the following:
A. Qutub Minar 1. Muhammad Adil Shah
B. Gol Gumbj 2. Iltutmish
C. Buland Darwaja 3. Aurangzeb
D. Moti Masjid 4. Jahangir
A B C D
(a) 5 1 3 4
(b) 2 4 5 1
(c) 4 3 2 1
(d) 2 1 5 3
4. The Battle of Haldighati (1576) was a fight between Rajput and Mughal forces. Who led the Mughal forces?
(a) Man Singh
(b) Jai Singh
5. Name the Rajput General who bravely fought the Battle of Khanwa before losing to Babar.
(a) Rana Man Singh
(b) Raja Jai Singh
(c) Rana Sanga
(d) Rana Pratap
6. Defeat in the Battle of Talikota saw the downfall of which empire
7. Babar came to India originally from
8. The medieval ruler who was the first to establish a ministry of agriculture was
(a) Alatiddin Khalji
(b) Mohammad-bin Tughluq
(c) Sher Shah
9. At the time, when Nadir Shah attacked Delhi, the Mughal Emperor was
(a) Ahmad Shah
(b) Muhammad Shah
(c) Bahadur Shah
(d) Shah Alam
10. Consider the following statements regarding the Vijayanagar empire:
1. It was named after the city of Vijayanagara.
2. Krishnadeva Raya was the greatest of all the Vijayanagar rulers.
3. Kings of Vijayanagar ruled on behalf of Shaivite deity Virupaksha.
4. Vijayanagar empire successfully resisted the march of the Delhi Sultans to the south.
Which of these statements are correct?
(a) 1 and 3
(b) 1, 2 and 3
(c) 1, 2 and 4
(d) 2, 3 and 4