1. The Rajya Sabha can have a maximum strength of: [NDA 1992]
2. Members of the Rajya Sabha are elected according to : [Delhi Police 1994]
(a) Cumulative Vote System
(b) Single Non-transferable Vote System
(c) Single Transferable Vote System
(d) None of the above
3. At present the Rajya Sabha consists of _______ members.
4. Who was the first speaker of the Lok Sabha?
(b) P. Upendra
(c) Anantha Sayanam Ayyanagar
(d) Hukam Singh
5. Who among the following was never the Lok Sabha Speaker? [IAS 2004]
(a) K.V.K. Sundaram
(b) G.S. Dhillon
(c) Balirarn Bhagat
(d) Hukarn Singh
6. Who, according to the Anti-Defection Act, is the final authority to decide whether a
member of Lok Sabha has incurred disqualification due to defection?
(c) Election Commission
(d) High Court
7. Who is authorised to decide over a dispute regarding disqualification of a member of Parliament ?
(a) Election Commissioner
(b) Speaker of Lok Sabha
(d) A Committee set up by the Parliament
8. Match the following:
A. Starred Question
B. Unstarred Question
C. Short Notice Question
1. One asked by a member on matters of public importance of an urgent nature
2. One for which the Concerned minister has to lay on the table a written answer
3. One for which an oral answer is required to be given by a minister on the floor of the House
A B C
(a) 1 2 3
(b) 2 1 3
(c) 3 1 2
(d) 3 2 1
9. The Lok Sabha is called in session for at least how many times in a year?
(d) Four times
10. What is ‘zero hour’?
(a) When the proposals of the opposition are considered
(b) When matters of utmost importance are raised
(c) Interval between the morning- and afternoon sessions
(d) When a Money Bill is introduced in the Lok Sabha