1. The oath of office to the President is administered by the
(a) Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(b) Prime Minister
(d) Chief Justice of India
2. The Constitution of India was adopted on
(a) November 26, 1949
(b) August 16, 1949
(c) August 14, 1948
(d) January 25, 1950
3. In which year was the first Constitution Amendment Act passed?
4. The President of India is the
(a) Head of State
(b) Head of the Government
(c) Head of State as well as Government
(d) Uncrowned Monarch of the Republic
5. Who was the third President of the Indian Republic?
(a) Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
(b) Dr Zakir Husain
(c) VV Giri
(d) Fakruddin Ali Ahmed
6. Who among the following held office as President of India,
for two consecutive terms?
(a) Dr S Radhakrishanan
(b) Dr Rajendra Prasad
(c) VV Giri
(d) Both (a) and (b)
7. The Constitution makes India a secular State. This means
(a) India shall be a theocratic State
(b) India shall be a State without religion
(c) The State is completely detached from religious affiliations
(d) None of these
8. The Constitution of India is
(d) partly rigid and partly flexible
9. Who acted as the Prime Minister of India immediately on the
death of Jawaharlal Nehru?
(a) TT Krishnamachari
(b) Lal Bahadur Shastri
(c) Mrs Indira Gandhi
(d) Gulzari Lal Nanda
10. When were the first General Elections held in the country?