1. The Constitution of India does not mention the post of:
(a) the Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha
(b) the Deputy Prime Minister
(c) the Deputy Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(d) the Deputy Speaker of the State Legislative Assemblies
2. Which of the following Amendments would need State ratification?
1. Provisions affecting President’s election.
2. Provisions affecting the Union Judiciary.
3. Amendment procedure.
4. Reservation of seats for SC/ST in Parliament.
(a) I, II and IV
(b) III and IV
(c) I and IV
(d) I, II, III and IV
3. Regarding Constitutional Amendments
1. the Provision of joint sitting is not available.
2. they become operative from the date both Houses have passed the Bills.
3. the President’s assent to a Constitutional Amendment is obligatory.
4. Parliament may amend any part of the Constitution according to the procedure laid down in Article 368.
(a) I and III
(b) I, II and III
(c) I, III and IV
(d) I, II, III and IV
4. Which of the following provisions of the Constitution can be amended only if
(a) they are passed by a majority of total – membership of each House of Parliament and not
less than two-thirds of the members present and voting in each House of Parliament, and
(b) are ratified by the legislatures of one-half of the States? [IAS 1995]
1. Method of election of President.
2. Provisions regarding the High Court.
3. Abolition of Legislative Council in any State.
4. Qualifications for Indian citizenship
5. Representation of States in Parliament.
(a) I, III, IV and V
(b) II, III and V
(c) I, II and V
(d) I, II, III, IV and V
5. Which Amendment of the Constitution gave priority to Directive Principles over Fundamental Rights?
(a) 24th Amendment
(b) 39th Amendment
(c) 42nd Amendment
(d) 40th Amendment
6. A major portion of the Constitution:
(a) can be amended by simple majority
(b) can be amended by two-thirds majority
(c) can be amended only with State ratification
(d) cannot be amended
7. If India decides to have a Presidential form of government, the first and foremost
Amendment has to be made affecting the:
(a) system of judiciary
(b) composition of Parliament
(c) Executive-Legislature relationship
(d) provisions pertaining to Fundamental Rights
8. Which Amendment restored the power of judicial review to the Supreme Court and
High Courts after it was curtailed by the 42nd Amendment?
9. Which one of the following statements is/are correct?
I. The committee on the status of women in India (NSW/) recommended the setting up of a
National Commission for Women.
II. The first Chairperson of the National Commission for Women was Mrs. Jayanti Patnaik.
III. The main task of the Commission is to study and monitor all matters relating to the
constitutional and legal safeguards provided for women.
Select the correct answer using the code given below [CDS 2009]
(a) I, II and III
(b) II only
(c) I and II
(d) I and III
10. Which of the following cannot be altered by the Parliament by ordinary legislative procedure ?
(a) Acquistion and termination of citizenship
(b) Privileges of the Parliament
(c) Composition of State Legislative Councils
(d) Representation of States in the Parliament