1. Which of the following planets is known as ‘Morning Star’?
2. Which planet of the solar system spins on its axis at the fastest rate?
3. Which planet is known as the ‘Watery Planet’ ?
4. Which planet looks reddish in the night sky? [Hotel Management 1991]
5. The correct sequence of planets in the descending order of their equatorial diameter is :
(a) Mars, Mercury, Uranus, Earth
(b) Earth, Mars, Mercury, Uranus
(c) Mercury, Uranus, Mars, Earth
(d) Uranus, Earth, Mars, Mercury
6. Which of the following is the largest of the inner planets? [IAS 1990]
7. In 1610, Galileo Galilei discovered four moons of which planet?
(d) None of these
8. In order of their distances from the Sun, which of the following planets lie between
Mars and Uranus? [IAS 2008]
(a) Earth and Jupiter
(b) Jupiter and Saturn
(c) Saturn and Earth
(d) Saturn and Neptune
9. The planet Mercury is difficult to be observed most of the time because:
(a) it gets hidden behind Venus
(b) it goes too far away from the Earth
(c) it being too close to the Sun, gets hidden by the glare of the Sun
(d) it cannot be seen at night as at that time no sunlight falls on it.
10. Comets revolve around: [NDA 1990]
(d) no single heavenly body