1. He _________ in Assam.
(C) is living
2. There is something wonderful ____ him.
3. After_____________smoking, they let the cigarette fall on the wood floor.
(C) had finished
4. The song in the play cannot be deleted as it is _________to the story.
5. The lion sprang____________the buffaloes.
6. My brother is devoted _____________religion.
7. She remained a __________all her life.
8. My father was angry ________my failure
9. Do not stay in the grasslands after dark, as some animals become _________when they see humans.
10. ___________you wake me up so early on a Sunday?
11. Ocean currents play a _______role in setting long-term climate_________.
(A) vital … date
(B) important … variations
(C) major … patterns
(D) unusual … changes
12. I promise to ________ you in all circumstances
(A) stand up to
(B) stand with
(C) stand off
(D) stand by
13. It’s difficult ______ reconcile such different points of view
14. The speaker did not properly space out his speech, but went on _______ one point only.
15. In the test, we will _________ your work and then give you detailed feedback.